SIGNIFICANT DATES IN THE HISTORY OF BPCC

Jan. 16, 1944 Baywood Park Sunday School organized by American Sunday School Union (now the American Missionary Fellowship).

Arthur Witt was the ASSU missionary overseeing the work, with thirty members at this first meeting.

Mar. 19, 1946 Initial 11th Street property donated by Mr. Richard Otto

Oct. 27, 1946 Construction of basement begun

Feb. 21, 1949 Baywood Park Community Church becomes the official name

1949 Building

Aug. 5, 1949 Rev. John DeYoung becomes the first full-time pastor

Apr. 13, 1952 First building (the present classroom wing) dedicated

Apr. 17, 1952 Baywood Park Community Church becomes incorporated

1952 Building

Nov. 18, 1962 Fred Hartman begins as the second pastor

Oct., 1963 Parsonage completed

Mar. 15, 1964 Kitchen and Social Hall completed

July 18, 1965 Present sanctuary completed

Apr. 20, 1969 Rev. Henry Sweeney begins as third pastor

Sep. 2, 1969 First AWANA club begins

Summer, 1973 119 children attend Vacation Bible School

Nov. 1, 1981 Rev. Dale Bartles begins as fourth pastor

Apr. 1, 1989 Rev. John Tiffin begins as fifth pastor

Jan. 16, 1994 50th anniversary of the church is celebrated.

January, 2003 Completion of two-story classroom & fellowship hall addition.

Our New Addition

In 2009, a cross was added to the steeple.